Tips From Tom
- Deficit Reduction Debate Might Impact Specific Estate Planning Techniques
- Estate Tax Exemption Actually $5.25M in 2013 When Adjusted for Inflation
- 2013 Annual Gift Tax Exemption $14,000
- Fiscal Cliff Legislation Keeps $5M Federal Estate Tax Exemption
- Use a Qualified Personal Residence Trust to Avoid Federal Estate Tax
- Time to Convert Your Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA?
- Federal Estate Tax and the “Fiscal Cliff”
- Back to School
- New Law Affects Durable Powers of Attorney in Michgan
- When Does Your Durable Power of Attorney Become Effective?
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Money Smart Week® (MSW) is a series of free classes and activities designed to help consumers better manage their personal finances. MSW partners will be hosting their events April 21 – 28, 2012.
Often, the reason clients will have a living trust is to avoid probate. And, we talk about the need be sure that assets are properly “funded” to the living trust, since assets not in the trust might still have to … Continue reading
National Health Care Decisions Day is an annual reminder of the importance of having your Advance Directive in place. Do you have yours? With your Advance Directive (Power of Attorney for Health Care) you appoint someone to make medical decisions … Continue reading
Do you have a family cottage that you want to keep in the family? If so, consider the befits of using an LLC. With the LLC you can restrict transfers to family only, (i.e. not to ex-spouses of children, etc.) … Continue reading