Tips From Tom
- Deficit Reduction Debate Might Impact Specific Estate Planning Techniques
- Estate Tax Exemption Actually $5.25M in 2013 When Adjusted for Inflation
- 2013 Annual Gift Tax Exemption $14,000
- Fiscal Cliff Legislation Keeps $5M Federal Estate Tax Exemption
- Use a Qualified Personal Residence Trust to Avoid Federal Estate Tax
- Time to Convert Your Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA?
- Federal Estate Tax and the “Fiscal Cliff”
- Back to School
- New Law Affects Durable Powers of Attorney in Michgan
- When Does Your Durable Power of Attorney Become Effective?
Category Archives: Living Trust
Often, the reason clients will have a living trust is to avoid probate. And, we talk about the need be sure that assets are properly “funded” to the living trust, since assets not in the trust might still have to … Continue reading
Think of a Trust as a box sitting on your table. The only property that will be controlled by the Trust is what has been put inside the box. This is often called “funding” your trust. Stuff is put in … Continue reading